"The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me," Melania said of the Republican presidential candidate. "This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world."
As Us Weekly previously reported, Donald, 70, caused a political firestorm Friday, October 7, when a leaked 2005 video showed him making lewd remarks on a hot microphone while chatting with former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush. In the shocking audio, the real estate mogul brags that he "can do anything" because of his fame, including hitting on and grabbing women "by the p‑‑sy."
The former reality TV star made the NSFW comments while filming a cameo for the daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives that aired October 24, 2005 — just months after he and Melania, now 46, got married. The former model was also pregnant with their son, Barron, now 10, at the time.
After Donald and Bush's conversation leaked Friday afternoon, the former Celebrity Apprentice host told The Washington Post that he'd "never withdraw" from the 2016 presidential race. He also tweeted, "Certainly has been an interesting 24 hours!"
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!