Michael Vartan, the French-born, American-raised star of The Arrangement opens up to Us Weekly. Read on to learn 25 things about the 49-year-old actor.
1. I’m a self-taught guitar player.
2. I loathe Mondays, deeply. Sunday night isn’t great, either. Old scars from my schooling days.
3. I dropped out of high school when I was 17.
4. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
5. I never wanted to be an actor. Not sure I’ll retire as one.
6. I’m obsessed with sports, all sports. Sports and animals are my true passions in life.
7. I love ketchup, but it has to be Heinz.
8. Jimi Hendrix is my desert-island artist.
9. I once kissed my dog Millie — for a nanosecond! — to prove to my friends that a dog’s mouth is cleaner than human hands. I woke up with the worst strep throat I’ve ever had.
10. Animal cruelty infuriates me. It shatters my soul!
11. I know the capital of every country in the world. Well, I did 10 years ago. They change so often.
12. I wanted to be a professional soccer player growing up. I had a cup of coffee with the Paris Saint-Germain Football Club, Paris’ first division team — which basically means they were interested in recruiting me.
13. Cage diving with great white sharks is on my bucket list.
14. I have fridge OCD. All labels have to be facing outwards. Weird? Yes, totally.
15. I flew from L.A. to Australia for the premiere of [2007’s] Rogue just for a weekend. That was 30 hours in the sky and 18 hours on the ground. It was rough.
16. I’m a N.Y. Mets fan because I had Mets pajamas as a kid.
17. I play ice hockey three times a week when I’m not working. It’s exercise, therapy and church rolled into one.
18. I spoke English with a French accent and French with an American accent until I was 10.
19. I hate big crowds, which is in major conflict with my love for sports.
20. I was terrified of the movie The Amityville Horror growing up. To this day, I wake up at 3:15 a.m. at least once or twice a week. It’s really annoying.
21. I love most animals more than most people, except snakes. They just scare the hell out of me.
22. Ghosts? Hell no, not ever. I’ll take a 1,000 zombies over a ghost!
23. If it were possible, I’d marry pizza and pasta. We’d make a nice threesome!
24. I’m never late, ever. I hate being late, and if I am, chances are I’m in the hospital or in jail.
25. Enough about me …
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!