Sandra Lee Hospitalized for “Setback” After Double Mastectomy for Breast Cancer

Sandra Lee
Celeb chef Sandra Lee was hospitalized on Aug. 4 for complications related to her double mastectomy for breast cancer in May  Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Sandra Lee has encountered an obstacle on the road to recovery following her recent double mastectomy for breast cancer, a rep for the Food Network star confirmed to ABC News.

"There was a setback due to what may be an infection post-mastectomy," the rep said. "But Sandra is her ever-fighting self."

Multiple reports on Wednesday said Lee, 49, had been hospitalized on Tuesday, Aug. 4, for complications related to her surgery. According to the Associated Press, she suffered a "buildup of fluids" and will need to be monitored for a couple of days.

As previously reported, the Semi-Homemade Cooking star revealed her breast cancer diagnosis on Good Morning America in early May. "I didn't even cry, I was stunned," she said at the time. "You know, that's just how fast life turns. It turns on a dime."

One week later, on May 19, the celeb chef underwent a double mastectomy. She and her team documented her progress on Facebook, sharing photos of Lee with her longtime boyfriend, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, at the hospital.

"If it's possible to look red-carpet ready in scrubs, they were THAT couple," one Facebook update read. "Once Sandra was in the O.R., Governor Cuomo stayed by her side until she fell asleep, and the surgeons got to work."

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!