Usher’s Stepson: Authorities “Don’t Know What’s Going to Happen” With Investigation

Usher arrives at the Grammy Awards on February 13, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  C Flanigan/FilmMagic

Usher's family friend is still under investigation over Friday's jet ski accident that left his 11-year-old stepson, Kile Glover, brain dead.

According to ABC News, investigators are waiting for a update on Glover's condition before proceeding.

"I don't know what's going to happen with the 11-year-old," Sgt. Mike Burgamy of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources explained. "We're going to have to see what his condition is going to be before we present findings of the case."

Glover, Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster's son from a previous marriage, was struck in the head by a passing jet ski Friday while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta, GA. An unidentified 15-year-old girl was also riding with Glover, and reportedly suffered a broken arm and cut on her head. Burgamy said, "A pontoon was pulling the two adolescents on an inner tube, and the personal water craft went over the top of them."

Both children were airlifted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston after the accident, and Glover reportedly registered no brain activity. 

ABC News reports that a friend of the family, Jeffrey S. Hubbard, 38, was operating the jet ski at the time of the collision. "He was interviewed, and it's possible he may be reinterviewed," Burgamy said.

Despite being engaged in a heated custody battle before the accident, Usher and Foster have been supporting each other. "Tameka and Usher don't get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side," a source told Us Weekly. "Usher practically raised Kile as his own. He's known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened."

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!