Slash, 45 — who's currently on tour and just announced his own Slasher Film company at the Sundance Film Festival — gets personal with UsMagazine.com.
1. The first instrument I ever played was the drums. I was the little drummer boy in a school production of 12 days of Christmas in Stoke-on-Trent, England, when I was 5 years old.
2. I watch SpongeBob SquarePants.
3. I'm a cat lover.
4. I'm an avid dinosaur and pinball machine collector. I'm a bit of a pack rat.
5. I love building Legos with my kid.
6. I have candy and chocolate stashed in the house that I secretly get into.
7. I am five years clean and sober.
8. I've flat-lined three times (that I know of).
9. I'm also a non-smoker. But I'm addicted to coffee (the stronger the better — Cuban is my favorite).
10. I have no middle name.
11. I have an internal defibrillator in my heart. Don't do drugs and alcohol — I'm living proof!
12. I don't eat anything from the sea.
13. I'm a "semi-pro" race car driver.
14. I'm a huge movie buff.
15. I've started my own horror film production company called Slasher Films.
16. I refused to use a computer until around eight years ago.
17. When I was 7, I changed my name from Saul to Mark but I changed it back to Saul.
18. I was nicknamed Slash because I was always running around (slashing).
19. I get freaked out watching surgery shows.
20. I hate reality TV. But I love cooking shows and documentaries.
21. I don't know how to cook.
22. I'm not Jewish! I'm 1/2 black, 1/2 British. I'm a proud dual citizen (American and British).
23. One of my favorite tracks on my album Slash is a song I did with Adam Levine called "Gotten."
24. I have a pet anaconda named Sam.
25. If I didn't live in the U.S., I'd live in Spain.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!