No spoilers for you!
Jerry Seinfeld remains determined to keep his “secret project” revolving around his titular sitcom, well, secret. The 59-year-old comedian appeared on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carton” show on Thursday, Jan. 30, where he was grilled about his recent visit to the famous Tom’s Restaurant — the Seinfeld characters’ favorite hangout — with Seinfeld costar Jason Alexander.
Though many speculated that the famous duo could be reprising their roles for a Super Bowl commercial or an episode of Seinfeld’s web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Seinfeld denied both claims, before slightly backtracking.
“It’s neither, but it is not … not those things either. It’s a secret project,” he teased.
After the radio hosts begged the star to give them some details, he said, “I did! I gave you more now than I’ve given anyone. I’ve told you what it isn’t and then I also told you that it isn’t not that either.”
Though he remained relatively tight-lipped, Seinfeld did agree to answer several of the questions in the 21-questions game the hosts played. In doing so he revealed:
1. Other Seinfeld characters were involved in the project.
2. It has already been filmed.
3. It is not a “long form” project, but rather “shortish form.” It is, however, longer than 60 seconds.
4. Jason Alexander was in character as George Constanza while filming. He was not playing himself.
5. Series co-creator Larry David is involved in the project, but not featured on camera or in voiceover.
6. Fans will get to see this “very, very soon.”
7. This appears to be a one-time-only project.
8. The “Coffee Shop” is not the only location where they filmed, but Jerry’s apartment was not filmed.
Tell Us: Are you excited for this secret Seinfeld project?
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!