A sweet deal! “Cake by the Ocean” singer Joe Jonas reveals a medley of unsung facts about himself in this week’s issue of Us Weekly. Don’t forget: His band’s self-titled debut album, DNCE, is out Friday, November 18.
1. Alaska is the only state I have yet to go to.
2. If I could perform anywhere, it would be Alaska so I can say I’ve performed in every state.
3. My father, Paul Kevin Jonas, 51, is one of my biggest musical inspirations. He can play pretty much any instrument.
4. My favorite song on the new album is “Body Moves.”
5. My favorite book of all time is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
6. “Something,” written by George Harrison, is a song I wish I wrote.
7. I’m a big coffee drinker. I probably won’t kick it anytime soon because it’s a habit that I like.
8. The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen is my nieces [brother Kevin’s girls, Alena, 2, and Valentina, 3 weeks] coming into the world.
9. The biggest misconception of me is that I pencil in my eyebrows. I don’t.
10. What I am most proud of is my band, DNCE.
11. One of the best feelings is playing in small spaces and having people sing along.
12. I’d love to hang out with Bill Murray. I feel like he would have a lot of knowledge to spread.
13. An In-N-Out Double-Double burger with onions “animal-style” is my favorite meal.
14. My favorite thing to wear is clothes.
15. My not-so-secret celebrity crushes are Daniel Craig and Matthew McConaughey.
16. My favorite childhood memory is when my family was staying in a Florida hotel room with triple bunk beds. Each bunk had its own video-game system.
17. My last meal on earth would be a plate of pappardelle pasta and chocolate cake with ice cream.
18. My biggest pet peeve is being woken up on a plane if I’m in a deep sleep.
19. If I could duet with anyone it would be Barbra Streisand. We’d sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” for the New York Yankees in the seventh inning.
20. Forrest Gump is my all-time favorite movie.
21. Zurich, New York City, London, Paris and Los Angeles are my favorite cities.
22. My biggest adventure was in New Zealand. My manager and I went mountain biking, ATVing and had a helicopter tour of The Lord of the Rings set. Then we luged and had a seven-course meal. I almost fell into a lake because I was so drunk.
23. Before hitting the stage, I like to do some push-ups and jumping jacks, and I’ll have [DNCE guitarist] JinJoo [Lee] slap us a few times.
24. If I had one day left on earth, I’d ski with my family in California’s Mammoth Mountain.
25. Three musicians who have been an inspiration to me are Prince, for his attitude and sexy vibes; Bono, for his leadership and stage presence; and Freddie Mercury, for being an amazing frontman.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!