Look who’s talking now! John Travolta reflects on his life for Us Weekly by sharing 25 things you don’t know about him. Be sure to catch the 62-year-old actor’s new movie, The Life and Death of John Gotti, when it hits theaters next year.
1. I’m an average tennis player.
2. Forty years after Carrie, my costar Anson Downes still runs lines with me.
3. My favorite article of clothing is a black T-shirt.
4. I envy Barbra Streisand’s museum, filled with her iconic costumes.
5. It gives me great joy knowing the joy Jane Fonda and then Gene Siskel experienced from owning my Saturday Night Fever suit.
6. My 16-year-old daughter, Ella Bleu, is a better parallel parker than I am.
7. Marlon Brando told me he’d never laughed so hard in his life than when he watched me imitate him on Saturday Night Live in 1994.
8. I’ve been working on [the film] The Life and Death of John Gotti for over six years.
9. John Gotti Sr. and I have a few things in common. We both love a gin martini. Although I only have one once a week.
10. I don’t often cook, but if I do, I’d consider myself a decent cook. I wouldn’t embarrass you, and I’d make it flavorful.
11. I wake up and have the strongest cup of coffee you could imagine using half a pound of Starbucks Sumatra blend. It’s epic.
12. Andrew Lloyd Webber initially asked me to do Phantom of the Opera, but it didn’t work out.
13. My favorite TV show is Mad Men.
14. During O.J. Simpson’s infamous Bronco chase on June 17, 1994, my dad was visiting me and was in complete disbelief of what was happening, being that he was a football aficionado, coach and player himself.
15. Kirstie Alley did a fabulous job on Dancing With the Stars, but I wouldn’t do it. I don’t mind giving a little sample of my moves here and there just for the memory.
16. It drives [my wife] Kelly Preston insane if I let my eyebrow hairs grow too long.
17. Sometimes I will indulge in McDonald’s.
18. When it comes to award show speeches, I believe in jotting down notes and leaving room for the moment as well.
19. As a pilot, I flew from Mexico City to L.A. in the middle of the night with Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.
20. I once had dinner on an LAX tarmac with Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw.
21. I’ll never forget flying with Muhammad Ali from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
22. The best piece of advice I ever received was from Brando. He said, “Don’t expect things from people that they can’t give you.”
23. As a wedding gift, I flew Barbra Streisand and Jim Brolin to St. Thomas.
24. My top five places to fly are Sydney, Australia, because it’s so inviting; Shannon, Ireland, because it’s beautiful; Hong Kong, China, because it’s exotic; São Paulo, Brazil, because the approach is between the high-rises; and Paris, because of the Eiffel Tower.
25. My favorite condiment is Colman’s Hot Mustard.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!