Warning: Do not read this story while eating. A routine morning newscast took a seriously disgusting (and oh-so viral) turn on Wednesday, Oct. 9, when Hartford, Conn., weatherman Scot Haney accidentally ate — wait for it — cat vomit on live television.
Haney, who works at Hartford CBS affiliate WFSB, was sitting with his colleagues at the news desk when he spotted what he thought were Grape Nuts on the floor. Naturally (or not), he scooped up a handful of the "cereal" and popped it into his mouth, as his fellow on-air reporters recoiled in revulsion.
As he chewed, it dawned on him that what he had eaten wasn't actually food. "They're a little soggy. Oh, and they taste like shoes," he said, making a face. "I think that might be dog doodie."
Later, he revealed that the alleged Grape Nuts were in fact pieces of semi-dried puke from his cat. "Ladies and gentlemen, those were not Grape Nuts that I ate. I kept finding more and more of it on the floor, and I thought it was Grape Nuts because it looked just like it," he began.
Then, holding up his shoe to reveal a gross-looking substance on its sole, he continued: "My cat threw up, and I must have stepped in it, and that's what I ate. I thought it was Grape Nuts! I ate cat vomit, right here on television. It's disgusting…I'm going to throw up!"
Watch the video now! (But don't say you weren't warned.)
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!