Say cheese! Actress Ali Larter is sharing her fondue recipe with Us Weekly, and the dish was created to pair perfectly with Meiomi sparkling wine, making it the ideal food item to serve this holiday season.
Made with three cheeses – Gruyère, Emmentaler and bleu – the cookbook author’s Fa La La Fondue is ridiculously easy to prepare and is perfect for dipping apples, pears figs and other sweet fruits. If you’d rather pair your cheese with carbs, go ahead and cut up a loaf of French bread into bite-sized pieces and prepare to dip away.
Described as a “guaranteed crowd-pleaser,” this fondue will leave your party guests wanting more.
Check out the recipe below and get cooking!
Ali Larter’s Fa La La Fondue
• 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, shredded
• 1/2 pound Emmentaler cheese, shredded
• 1/8 pound bleu cheese
• 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
• 1 garlic clove, halved
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
• 2 green apples, cut into slices
• 2 Bosc pears, cut into slices
• 1/2 pound dried figs, halved
• 1 loaf of French bread, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a bowl, toss the cheeses and flour.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot or an enameled cast-iron casserole with the cut sides of the garlic.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, add the chicken broth and vinegar. Cook until simmering.
- Slowly add the cheeses in small handfuls, stirring constantly until melted before adding the next handful. Whisk until its silky.
- Pour into your fondue pot once it’s smooth and creamy and serve with sliced pears, green apples, halved figs, and French bread bites.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!