If anyone knows how to make a tasty piece of meat, it’s David Burke. The celebrity chef, who has restaurants bearing his name all over the world, shared his “perfect hamburger” recipe with Us Weekly.
Known as the P.O. Dry Aged Cheeseburger, this rich entrée has been on the menu of multiple David Burke restaurants, including the ever-popular BLT Prime in Washington D.C.
The recipe consists of the main attraction – an 8-ounce hunk of Dry Aged Black Angus beef – paired with a creamy and spicy special sauce that puts Burger King to shame.
What better way to celebrate summer than by whipping up a burger created by a celebrated Iron Chef America competitor? Check out the complete recipe below!
David Burke’s P.O. Dry Aged Cheeseburger
• 1 medium red onion,sliced
• 8 oz Dry Aged Black Angus ground beef
• 2 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp burger special sauce (see below)
• 1 brioche bun, sliced in half and toasted
• Lettuce and tomatoes, for garnish
David Burke’s Special Sauce
• 1 qt mayo
• 8 oz ketchup
• 1 cup chives, finely chopped
• 1 cup pickles, finely chopped
• 4 oz truffle oil
• 6 oz pickling liquid
• 1/2 cup minced shallots
- Season the hamburger patty with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burger to the desired temperature.
- Add two slices of Cheddar cheese on top of the burger and place in the oven for two minutes at a temperature high enough to melt cheese.
- While the burger cooks, mix all of the Special Sauce ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the Special Sauce on the top and bottom of the brioche bun.
- Place the tomato, onion and lettuce on the bottom of the bun and burger on top.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!