This dish has the Taylor Swift seal of approval. The “Delicate” singer, who is hardly shy about her love of food, is particularly fond of the sweet potato casserole served at Del Frisco’s Grille, and now you can eat just like the Grammy winner!
The casserole, which is a decadent fall-inspired dish that doubles as the perfect comfort food accompaniment to Thanksgiving dinner, is a combination of sweet potatoes, butter and sugar that’s been topped with a crunchy candied pecan oatmeal crumble.
Swift, 28, has admitted that although she’s not usually a fan of casseroles, this one is in a league if its own. “I’ve never enjoyed anything with the word casserole in it ever before, but it’s basically sweet potatoes with this brown sugary crust,” she told InStyle. “Oh my God, it’s amazing.”
This year, diners can book a table at any of the 24 Del Frisco’s Grille locations nationwide on Thanksgiving Day to taste the magic Swift is talking about for themselves. But if that’s not in the cards, you can just check out the recipe for yourself below and whip up the pop-star approved side in your own kitchen!
Sweet Potato Casserole
Makes 8-12 servings
For the casserole
• 4 pounds roasted sweet potatoes
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 eggs, whole beaten
• 1/2 pound butter, melted
• 1 cup pecan crumble (see below)
For the topping
• 1/3 cup oats
• 1/4 pound unsalted butter
• 1/4 pound brown sugar
• 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- Wash sweet potatoes to remove any dirt.
- Wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil tightly, and place all wrapped potatoes on a full-size sheet pan.
- Bake in a convection oven for 90 minutes at 350 degrees, or until fully cooked.
- When cooked, remove from oven and transfer to refrigerator to cool.
- Remove skin from cooled sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potato, sugar, salt, vanilla, butter and eggs in large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Texture of sweet potatoes should be slightly lumpy, not completely smooth.
- To make the pecan topping, place oats in food processor and turn on for one minute. Place all remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse everything five times until it’s all broken up. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Crumble mixture on cookie sheet and place it back in the oven for another five minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill Baking dish with sweet potato mixture and top with pecan crust.
- Place the baking dish in convection oven heated to 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!