By now, the world is familiar with Kate Middleton's style: Well-tailored, sophisticated, chic, and modern. With all those wardrobe notes in hand, it's no wonder that one of the speculative designers of the 29-year-old's bridal gown is Amanda Wakeley of the British womenswear line. Backing this rumor, the Telegraph even reported that Middleton "might opt for one of Diana's favorite designers such as Amanda Wakeley, out of respect for William." Below, Wakeley's resume.
1. The designer prides herself on creating body-enhancing yet comfortable designs, both of which can be seen in the designer's navy suit that Middleton wore in April during her last pre-wedding outing with Prince William.
2. Wakeley established the label in 1990 and has fleshed it out into ready-to-wear apparel, accessories, jewelry, and bridal gowns.
3. The designer has a laundry list of famous fans including Demi Moore, Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet, Queen Rania of Jordan, and the late Princess Diana.
4. She's philanthropic! Wakeley has co-chaired the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Appeal committee for nearly 15 years and has helped the charity raise over $20 million to date.
5. Wakeley holds several honors, including an OBE (Order of the British Empire) in which she was awarded in February 2010, plus three British Fashion Awards for Glamour.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!