30 Rock's Alec Baldwin Hospitalized After Threatening to Take Pills
Alec Baldwin is "completely fine" after he was examined at a New York City hospital, a spokesperson for the actor said Thursday.
Early Thursday morning, NYC's WNBC News reported that Baldwin, 51, was taken to Lenox Hill Hospital after his 14-year-old daughter, Ireland, called 911 around 12:10 a.m., claiming that the 30 Rock star was "unresponsive" in their West Side apartment.
A law enforcement official tells the Associated Press that Baldwin and his young daughter had argued and she told 911 he had threatened to take pills. (The official spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the person wasn't authorized to speak publicly.)
But a source close to the actor tells UsMagazine.com: "There were no drugs. There was no alcohol. And there were no pills or threat of pills."
"This was a misunderstanding on one person's part," Baldwin's rep tells Us in a statement. "Alec was quickly released from the hospital he's completely fine and will be at work today. If there was any real issue or concern, he wouldn't have been released from the hospital so quickly."
Baldwin is set to co-host the Oscars with Steve Martin on March 7.
In 2008, Baldwin blamed a bitter custody battle with ex-wife Kim Basinger in part for the stress he was feeling when he called their daughter "a pig" in an irate 2007 voicemail.
Last year, he told Playboy that he contemplated suicide after the phone message was leaked to the press. "I spoke to a lot of professionals who helped me ... If I committed suicide [Basinger's side] would have considered that a victory. Destroying me was their avowed goal."