Cosby Show producers Tom Werner and Marcy Carey released a statement on Bill Cosby's rape allegations this week Credit: Ben Gabbe/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

Bill Cosby has recently received standing ovations at his last two performances in the Bahamas and Florida amid new rape allegations that span decades. Now, the comedian-actor appears to be receiving support from his Cosby Show producers Tom Werner and Marcy Carey.

"The Bill we know was a brilliant and wonderful collaborator on a show that changed the landscape of television," Cosby's former coworkers said in a joint statement on Thursday, Nov. 20, via Variety. "These recent news reports are beyond our knowledge or comprehension."

Earlier this week, Cosby's former costar Raven-Symone also reacted to the scandal, slamming "disgusting" rumors that he allegedly assaulted her while filming in the late '80s. "I was NOT [taken] advantage of by Mr. Cosby when I was on the Cosby Show!" the 28-year-old wrote via Instagram on Nov. 19. "I was practically a baby on that show and this is truly a disgusting rumor that I want no part of! Everyone on that show treated me with nothing but kindness. Now keep me out of this!"

Several new women have come forward in the past two months accusing Cosby, 77, of sexual assault, including model Janice Dickinson and actress Louisa Moritz. The actor has denied any wrongdoing, and refused to answer any questions about the topic during an NPR interview last weekend. His lawyer, Marty Singer, has also denied the allegations.

"We've reached the point of absurdity," he previously told Us in a statement. "The stories are getting more ridiculous. People coming out of nowhere with this sort of inane yarn is what happens in a media-driven feeding frenzy."