Prince Harry Has ‘Massive Paranoia’ About the Public Scrutinizing His Future Girlfriend

Prince Harry on May 4. Credit: Alexander Tamargo/WireImage

Good luck, would-be princesses! Prince Harry opened up about what it’s like to date in the public eye in a new interview with the Sunday Times — and turns out, the British royal has some major concerns.

“If or when I do find a girlfriend, I will do my utmost … to ensure that me and her can get to the point where we’re actually comfortable with each other before the massive invasion that is inevitably going to happen into her privacy,” he told the paper. “The other concern is that even if I talk to a girl, that person is then suddenly my wife, and people go knocking on her door.”

Harry, 31, described his worries as a “massive paranoia that sits inside me.” He previously had several high-profile romances, most famously with longtime girlfriend Chelsy Davy, whom he dated on-and-off for seven years between 2004 and 2011, and his most recent ex, Cressida Bonas, whom he dated for two years before splitting in April 2014.

In September, Harry and Davy sparked rumors of a rekindled romance when the 30-year-old corporate lawyer flew 8,500 miles from South Africa to be by the prince's side in London for his 31st birthday.

“They decided they would like to give their relationship another chance,” a source close to Harry told Us at the time. “They still have strong feelings for each other.”

The redheaded royal isn’t currently actively looking for a relationship, he told the Sunday Times, but he wouldn’t be opposed to one if the circumstances were right.

“I’m not putting work before the idea of a family, marriage and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “To be fair, I haven’t had that many opportunities to get out there and meet people. At the moment, my focus is very much on work. But if someone slips into my life then that’s absolutely fantastic.”

Harry is set to kick off the 2016 Invictus Games in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday, May 8, with the help of first lady Michelle Obama and Morgan Freeman.

“It’s an emotional rollercoaster in a really, really nice way,” he told ABC News about being able to bring the Games to America. “There’ll be some incredible stories, [you’ll] shed a tear.”

ESPN’s five-day coverage of the Invictus Games Orlando 2016 kicks off on ESPN2 on Sunday, May 8, at 8 p.m. ET and continues until Thursday, May 12.

Can't get enough of Us? Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter packed with the latest celeb news, hot pics and more!