Questlove: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Questlove, the 42 years old drummer of The Roots, bangs out his list of 25 things that you don't know about him. To get more of Questlove, his book Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove is out now.
1. I began this list in 2009 hoping Us would ask me.
2. I buy a neck pillow at every airport. I have 700!
3. I am left-handed.
4. I'm also right-handed!
5. I have not had a drop of tap water in 30 years.
6. I have 12 jobs. Drummer, DJ, designer, professor and restaurateur are only five.
7. It's my fantasy to play a dead body on Law & Order.
8. I did stand-up comedy to get over my anxiety of teaching at NYU.
9. My hair smells like French toast.
10. I own 500 pairs of vintage eyewear.
11. I deejayed 10 star weddings.
12. I manage to get six to eight hours of sleep every night.
13. I have 3,000 Afro picks.
14. I once flew to Tokyo just to eat Jiro's sushi for my birthday.
15. I love Google Doodles.
16. Blue Carter, Paul McCartney and Justin Timberlake all own (and love!) my custom iPods.
17. I'm the hottest bitch in this place. (Seriously: I have a high iron count.)
18. I reference Back to the Future 10 times a day.
19. One year, I drove in a blizzard to play tambourine with Amy Winehouse.
20. I have more than 600 Soul Train episodes.
21. My best Valentine's Day date was at Prince's roller skating party.
22. I flipped a quarter at the AARON on Elvis' grave and accidentally chipped it.
23. I can tap dance.
24. I wear an I HATE COSTUMES tee on Halloween.
25. My last haircut was on June 2, 1989.