Nas may be rethinking the title of his most recent album, Life Is Good.
The rapper, born Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, is being sued for $10 million by a concert promoter who claims he was kidnapped because the hip hop star failed to show up for a gig in Angola, TMZ reports.
According to the site, Patrick Allocco filed a federal lawsuit on Friday, Dec. 21, in which he alleges that Nas is responsible for his kidnapping in December 2011. Allocco says the "Daughters" rapper accepted $300,000 to do a New Year's Eve concert in Africa and then never got on the plane. As a result, the promoter claims, he and his son were held captive by another promoter for 50 days, during which time they were reportedly beaten and threatened constantly.
The suit also alleges that Allocco lost his home and company as a result of the abduction and has suffered psychological, physical, and financial damages.
Nas, for his part, has said that Allocco's version of events is misleading. In an interview with MTV News earlier this year, the musician opened up about his side of the story, claiming that he had never made official arrangements with the promoter.
"The business wasn't handled," he told MTV. "There was nothing sent to me, and there were no flights. By the time he did send money -- he did eventually send money to me -- it was too late to go. I didn't even have a visa to get in the country." (The rapper returned the advance after the concert was canceled.)
Nas has not yet commented on the lawsuit.