The host of The Bachelor, Chris Harrison, 38, (watch the ABC show's finale March 1 at 8 p.m., followed by After the Final Rose at 10 p.m.) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with UsMagazine.com.
1. The best concert I attended was for U2's Joshua Tree in Cardiff, Wales, 1987.
2. ...so my son is named Joshua.
3. I was originally told I didn't get the job on The Bachelor.
4. When I bring my wife flowers, I rarely -- if ever -- give her roses.
5. My first job was in an ice cream shop in Dallas.
6. I also installed floors with a convict and a pothead who carried a gun. (Character-building!)
7. My first car was a 1971 Buick Centurion I bought for $100.
8. I have been cow-tipping.
9. I hate spicy food.
10. I got kicked out of a junior high athletic program 'cause I skipped basketball for soccer practice. (At the time, soccer was still a communist sport!)
11. I dreamed of playing pro soccer as a kid but would now like to play golf on the PGA tour.
12. I'd consider trading one of my kids to play golf at Augusta.
13. I met my beautiful wife, Gwen, in college at a school mixer.
14. I got her attention by whistling at her. (She still married me.)
15. I wore argyle socks at my wedding. They weren't in style then either.
16. I have chased tornadoes.
17. I started my sportscasting career in Oklahoma City in the Saturday 6–8 A.M. slot.
18. I was working there the day the federal building was bombed.
19. My goal before going to L.A. in 1999 was to move home to Dallas and be a local sportscaster.
20. The Blues Brothers was the first R movie I saw.
21. I scored the first goal in the history of my university at the national soccer tournament.
22. I hosted the final Miss America pageant held on network TV.
23. I snuck into Super Bowl XXX to see the Dallas Cowboys beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.
24. I celebrate a birthday season rather than just one day.
25. I don't believe in opening gifts on Christmas Eve.