Brooke Burke-Charvet Fired From Dancing With the Stars As Co-Host After Eight Seasons

Entertainment Feb. 22, 2014 AT 10:05AM
Brooke Burke-Charvet Brooke Burke-Charvet has been fired as co-host from Dancing With the Stars after eight seasons Credit: Courtesy ABC/ADAM TAYLOR

Brooke Burke-Charvet is walking off the dance floor. The actress and model has been fired as co-host on Dancing With the Stars after eight seasons.

"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," Conrad Green, executive producer of DWTS tells Us Weekly in a statement. "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."

PHOTOS: Before they were on Dancing With the Stars

Burke-Charvet also spoke out shortly after the news. "Weird day…Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME," the 42-year-old tweeted after midnight on Saturday, Feb. 22. "@Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season."

She later added: "Thanks for all the love & support. I loved my time in the ballroom & I'll love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!"

The TV personality first made her mark on the ABC series as a competitor in Season 7, where she and partner Derek Hough ultimately took home the mirror ball trophy in 2008. She then went on to join Bergeron as co-host in Season 10.

PHOTOS: Jaw-dropping DWTS makeovers

The shocking elimination comes on the heels of yet another shakeup for the dancing competition. As previously reported, the reality series fired its longtime music director Harold Wheeler and the 28 members of his live backing band earlier this month.

PHOTOS: DWTS' hottest hookups

"Since season one, Harold and his band have performed brilliant music in our ballroom for our dancers and the American viewers at home," BBC Worldwide and ABC said in a joint statement at the time. "We are grateful to him and his band for their amazing work and years of collaboration. We wish him the best of luck." In a statement slamming the ABC series for its decision, American Federation of Musicians' president Ray Hair said the band will be replaced with a small electronic band and sound recordings to "attract a younger demographic."

How we use your email
X

We may use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter and offers that may interest you, on behalf of Us Weekly and its partners. For more information please read our Privacy Policy.

comments powered by Disqus