Jason Sudeikis Confirms He Won't Be Returning to Saturday Night Live
Onto the next! Jason Sudeikis confirmed to David Letterman on Wednesday, July 24, that he's the latest in a string of veteran Saturday Night Live cast members who's bowing out of the storied NBC sketch comedy show.
"A person can go on for as long as they want. I mean, Lorne [Michaels] has been kicking butt at it for 33 years out of 38, but for me, I'm definitely done," the funnyman told the talk show host. "I'm gonna be leaving. I'm not coming back in the fall."
Sudeikis, 37, currently stars in comedy We're the Millers, opposite Jennifer Aniston, and will revisit his role as Kurt Buckman in Horrible Bosses 2, out next year.
"It's been fantastic. It's been amazing," he told Letterman of his experiences on the show. Sudeikis was a writer behind-the-scenes for two years before transitioning into a cast member for eight years afterward. "I'm very, very lucky."
Fellow SNL cast mates Fred Armisen and Bill Hader announced their departures earlier this year as well.
Work aside, the comedian's focus as of late has been more on his fiancee, 29-year-old Olivia Wilde. The actor recently revealed that he can attribute his slimdown to some serious lovin' from his soon-to-be blushing bride.
"The truth is, I'm not getting up an hour earlier and walking on a treadmill," he told Elle magazine. "I have the greatest workout partner in the world. And you don't need a gym membership for that kind of workout."
The couple, who have been dating since November 2011, announced their engagement in January 2013, and plan to tie the knot next spring.