Jim Carrey Pulls Out of Dumb and Dumber Sequel

Entertainment Jun. 20, 2012 AT 4:10PM
Jim Carrey at "Porgy and Bess" on Broadway on April 13, 2012 in New York City. Jim Carrey at "Porgy and Bess" on Broadway on April 13, 2012 in New York City. Credit: Bruce Glikas/FilmMagic

Fans looking forward to more of Lloyd and Harry's antics now may never get what they want.

Although the Farrelly Brothers revealed earlier this year that they were working on a sequel to Dumb and Dumber -- and that both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were on board -- Entertainment Tonight reports that Carrey, 50, has said sayonara to the project.

PHOTOS: A look back at winter's hottest flicks

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in "Dumb and Dumber"
Credit: New Line/Courtesy Everett Collection

A rep for Carrey told ET that the actor was "increasingly frustrated" by Warner Bros. and New Line's lack of interest in Dumb and Dumber To, and tired of the holdup with starting work on the movie.

"I would have thought Dumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer," the comedian sniped in a statement. "After all, it's implied in the title."

PHOTOS: Classic films revisited

This past spring, writer/director Peter Farrelly told reporters that both Daniels and Carrey had signed on to play Harry and Lloyd once more while promoting The Three Stooges.

The original Dumb and Dumber was a massive hit worldwide, grossing over $246.2 million at the box office.

How we use your email
X

We may use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter and offers that may interest you, on behalf of Us Weekly and its partners. For more information please read our Privacy Policy.

comments powered by Disqus

ADVERTISEMENT