Lisa Lampanelli: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Comic Lisa Lampanelli, 50, (who just ended her run on season 12 of NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice) shares the 25 things you don't know about her with Us Weekly.
1. Like the Beatles and Bruce Springsteen, I have been nominated for a Grammy. Unlike them, I didn't win.
2. I got married at the Friar's Club in New York City.
3. I worked for the magazine Popular Mechanics, but the closest I ever came to picking up a tool was when I saw Charlie Sheen at a singles bar.
4. I don't drink, but I do enjoy smoking cigars.
5. My husband Jimmy and I watch way too much reality television.
6. One of my first jobs out of college was working for US magazine.
7. I was born in Connecticut. (One of the only non-wealthy, non-WASPs to do so).
8. I got my dog at a pet adoption center.
9. I named my dog, Parker, after Sarah Jessica Parker, because they both weigh just over five pounds.
10. I took my grad program at Harvard. Yeah, that’s right, I'm an Ivy League broad!
11. I was a music journalist and interviewed many of the 80’s hair metal bands.
12. In my family, I'm the quiet one!
13. I was made into an animated character on the Comedy Central show, Ugly Americans.
14. My favorite guilty pleasure is lunch at Steak 'n Shake.
15. I've been in several movies. Unfortunately, my total screen time is about a minute and seventeen seconds.
16. I was protested by the Westboro Baptist Church, which means I must be doing something right.
17. I love Valentine’s Day.
18. I believe that Spanx are the greatest invention of the past one hundred years. They're the fat girl's equivalent of the bald guy's combover.
19. I was named one of Maxim Magazine's Bachelorettes of the Year in 2007. Sorry, guys -- You snooze, you lose.
20. In 2008, I performed at Carnegie Hall. And I didn't even have to play a cello.
21. My real last name is Lampugnale, but how do you expect some moron at a comedy club in Mississippi to pronounce that?
22. I used to work as a party DJ.
23. I got engaged to my husband after knowing him only 4 months. Hey, when you know, you know.
24. My parents come see me perform several times a year. Luckily, they’re far enough back in the theatre where I can't see them blush.
25. I trained to become an aerobics instructor. Just insert your own joke here, people.