For the past 14 years, Wolfgang Puck has fed the stars at his famed post-Oscars banquet — not to mention his hotspots in L.A., Las Vegas and elsewhere like WP24, Spago, and CUT.
Check out his quick and delicious salad using the peak-season fruit topped with homemade dressing.
BARTLETT PEAR AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD WITH EISWEIN VINAIGRETTE
Total time: 15 min.
– 2 tbs. ice wine (Eiswein) or other sweet white dessert wine
– 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tsp. champagne vinegar
– 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
– salt and freshly ground peppers
– 4 ripe Bartlett pears — halved, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
– 1/2 lb. burrata (cream-filled mozzarella) or fresh buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature, cut into 4 slices
– 4 thin slices of prosciutto
– 2 cups micro-arugula (1 1/2 ozs)
In a small bowl, combine the ice wine, olive oil and Champagne and balsamic vinegars and season with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, drizzle the sliced pear with 1 1/2 tbs. of the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on plates. Set a slice of burrata on the melon and drizzle the plates with 1 tbs. of the dressing.
Drape a slice of prosciutto over the cheese. In the shallow dish, toss the arugula with the remaining dressing. Top the salads with the arugula and serve right away.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!