Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady’s Strict Diet Includes No Sugar, Flour, Dairy or Even Tomatoes

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen
Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen George Pimentel/WireImage

There’s a reason Gisele Bundchen and her husband, Tom Brady, are pretty much perfect specimens. According to the couple’s chef, Allen Campbell, their diet is extremely restricted.

PHOTOS: Tom and Gisele's Most Romantic Moments

Read article

Case in point? Campbell told in an interview on Monday, January 4, that Bundchen and Brady avoid white sugar, white flour, MSG, coffee, caffeine, fungus, and dairy. They also avoid nightshade vegetables, “because they’re not anti-inflammatory,” Campbell said.

“So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants,” the chef explained. “Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I’m very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation.”

So what do they eat?

“80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it,” Campbell said. “And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.”

The supermodel and Patriots quarterback’s diet is, obviously, “very different than a traditional American diet,” added Campbell, who previously worked at Miami’s Gansevoort Hotel. “But if you just eat sugar and carbs — which a lot of people do — your body is so acidic, and that causes disease. Tom recently outed Frosted Flakes and Coca-Cola in an interview with WEEI, calling it ‘poison’ … I love that he did that. Sugar is the death of people.”

Allen Campbell
Allen Campbell Mary Beth Koeth

Campbell also doesn’t cook with olive oil — he uses coconut oil — and chooses Himalayan pink salt over iodized salt.

In their defense, the food does sound tasty. Campbell revealed one of his go-to dishes for the entire family — including their kids John, 8, Benjamin, 6, and Vivianne, 3 — is a quinoa dish with wilted greens and garlic toasted in coconut oil with some toasted almonds, or a cashew sauce with lime curry, lemongrass, and a little bit of ginger.

“That’s just comfort food for them,” he concluded.

PHOTOS: Diet Secrets of the Stars

Read article

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!