Already have an account?
Get back to the

Gisele Gave Her Kids’ Halloween Candy Away: They ‘Can Try One’

Gisele Bundchen
Gisele Bundchen attends the Pantene Institute launch at Paseo Interlomas on Oct. 27, 2016, in Mexico City. Victor Chavez/WireImage

So long, sweets! Gisele Bündchen revealed in a new interview that she gave her children’s Halloween candy away after telling them that they could “try one” of the many treats they collected on October 31.

Related: PHOTOS: All the Celebrity Halloween Costumes of 2016

The model mom, 36, who dressed son Benjamin, 6, as Mario and daughter, Vivian, 3, as a pony, explained her decision while speaking to People on Wednesday, November 2.

“We don’t really have that kind of sugar in our house,” the regimented health enthusiast told the outlet. “I let them try one [piece], but they really only had one bite and then they didn’t want it anymore.”

Related: PHOTOS: Celebrity Foodies

While she didn’t allow her little ones — whom she shares with husband Tom Brady — to dig in, she didn’t let their trick-or-treating efforts go to waste.

“So I told them if they didn’t like it, I was going to give it away to other kids, and they actually let me give their candy away,” she added.

Related: PHOTOS: Supermodels: Then and Now

While most kids might cry over the loss of their Halloween candy, Benjamin and Vivian were unfazed when their mother encouraged them to donate it to those who are less fortunate.

“It’s a little different kind of sweets, so they’re not used to it,” Bündchen explained. “I said to them, ‘You know, there are so many kids that don’t get candy, and you guys got so many, some kids don’t even get one! And they’re like, ‘Oh, Mom, OK, you can give it to them if they don’t get any.'"

Related: PHOTOS: Just Like Us: Celebrity Moms

As previously reported, Bündchen and her NFL player hubby, 39, follow an incredibly strict diet. Back in January, the couple’s private chef, Allen Campbell, detailed their healthy eating habits in an interview with Needless to say, candy is not included in their disciplined meal plan.

According to the culinary artist, Bündchen and Brady avoid white sugar, white flour, MSG, coffee, caffeine, fungus and dairy. They also avoid nightshade vegetables, “because they’re not anti-inflammatory,” Campbell said.

“So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms or eggplants,” the chef explained. “Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I’m very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation.”

He continued: “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.”

In this article

Got a Tip form close button
Got a tip for US?
We're All Ears for Celebrity Buzz!