Real Housewives of Atlanta alum Kim Zolciak is reportedly fighting her ex, Kroy Biermann, over his claims that she neglected their children.
According to a report published by TMZ on Friday, May 22, Zolciak — who temporarily had her custody suspended three weeks ago — filed court docs claiming that the decision was made without the correct witnesses testifying.
Zolciak, 47, claimed via the court documents that a family therapist did not attend the hearing despite being subpoenaed to testify.
Per TMZ, she also alleged that she was unable to question the court-ordered lawyer and “expose [Kroy’s] lies and refute” the lawyer’s custody recommendations.
Zolciak requested that the emergency order temporarily granting Biermann, 40, sole custody of their four children be overturned. (Zolciak and Biermann share K.J., 14, Kash, 13, and twins Kaia and Kane, 12. Zolciak is also the mom of daughters Brielle, 29, whom Biermann legally adopted in 2013, and Ariana, 24, whom she shares with ex-husband Daniel Toce.)
Us Weekly has reached out to Zolciak’s representatives for comment.
Zolciak temporarily lost physical custody of her kids earlier this month. According to court documents obtained by Us Weekly on May 1, a Georgia judge ruled that Biermann would have primary physical custody of their kids.
Per the judge’s order, Zolciak and Biermann will reportedly continue to share joint legal custody of the kids, while Biermann will have final say on educational, non-emergency medical and religious decisions.

“The senior judge’s decision from April 29 is temporary until we return to court as soon as possible when we will have the opportunity for a full hearing,” Zolciak told Us in a statement at the time. “The new order was the result of an alleged emergency motion filed by Kroy to ensure the matter was heard by a senior judge instead of our duly elected assigned judge, who has never granted Kroy an immediate hearing despite him filing three separate (false) motions against me.”
She continued, “The decision rendered by the senior judge was largely the result of a flawed investigation by a guardian ad litem who has not spoken to me in over a year (until a brief call with me and my attorney on April 28), or my boys since April of 2025 aside from a brief 15 minute meeting in July of 2025. While I want this process to be over for my children more than anything, I am looking forward to a full court date when we will finally be provided with an opportunity to present the truth.”
In April, Biermann filed an emergency motion accusing his ex of neglect and claiming that she is “more selfishly concerned with her own image and her work options” than their kids. He also alleged that Zolciak is “unstable and unfit” to parent and requested an emergency hearing to change custody.
Zolciak and Biermann have endured a complicated legal battle since the reality TV star filed for divorce in May 2023. Despite a brief reconciliation a few months later, the divorce was back on by August 2023.
In late March, Biermann requested sole custody of their minor children after the pair had previously agreed to a joint custody arrangement, according to court docs obtained by Us at the time. He claimed that Zolciak had exhibited “blatant mismanagement of basic parenting responsibilities would be practically unbelievable to anyone not familiar with the circumstances.”
In response to the filing, Zolciak told Us, “These accusations are completely false and nothing more than a deliberate attempt by Kroy to defame my character. I spent five weeks away working on two TV shows to support my family and make sure my children are cared for — something I will never apologize for. I refuse to be bullied or have lies twisted into a narrative about who I am. I will not stay silent; the truth is on my side, and it will come to light — no matter how hard anyone tries to bury it.”










