Singer Sara Bareilles, 31 — who was recently named the newest judge on NBC's The Sing-Off, airing Mondays at 8 p.m. EST — shares the 25 things you don't know about her with Us Weekly.
1. I speak Italian.
2. I lived in Italy for a year.
3. I grew up riding horses, and still love riding to this day.
4. I auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club.
5. I didn't make it.
6. I can make a pretty awesome clown horn noise that I learned from watching the Mickey Mouse Club, so really it was a win-win.
7. I sang the National Anthem at opening day at Dodger Stadium when I was 14 years old. I cried my eyes out in the bathroom before, because I was terrified. I was also wearing a crushed velvet vest and MC Hammer pants. When I walked to my seat afterward, somebody said, "Hey, good job, but this is California. We're casual here." I didn't know what to say to that.
8. I love making lists. Lists of things I need, things I want to do, things I have to do, things I didn't do.
9. When I feel sick, my mom taught me to "eat a steak." I think it works.
10. I'm pretty disorganized but I think I hide it fairly well.
11. I have a passionate love for pizza. Any kind. It can be cardboard and I still think it's good.
12. I'm Italian, German, Portuguese and French.
13. I love dogs pretty much more than anything.
14. I love to cook, but I'm not that great at it.
15. I still keep a journal.
16. I'm going to write a musical.
17. I have a terrible sense of direction. Nobody ever lets me lead on tour. They're smart for doing that.
18. I get my feelings hurt pretty easily, but I try and hide that too.
19. I cry a lot. I don't bother hiding that.
20. I'm recording a new EP with Ben Folds. I can't wait.
21. I sang in an a cappella group all through college at UCLA.
22. I love doing yoga but I'm not very disciplined.
23. Sometimes scented candles make me sick.
24. I am scared of the ocean.
25. I worked at a petting zoo, as a janitor, a data entry clerk, a pizza maker and a waitress before I quit to pursue music. I'm awesome at odd jobs.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!