Singer Sara Bareilles, 31 — who was recently named the newest judge on NBC's The Sing-Off, airing Mondays at 8 p.m. EST — shares the 25 things you don't know about her with Us Weekly.
1. I speak Italian.
2. I lived in Italy for a year.
3. I grew up riding horses, and still love riding to this day.
4. I auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club.
5. I didn't make it.
6. I can make a pretty awesome clown horn noise that I learned from watching the Mickey Mouse Club, so really it was a win-win.
7. I sang the National Anthem at opening day at Dodger Stadium when I was 14 years old. I cried my eyes out in the bathroom before, because I was terrified. I was also wearing a crushed velvet vest and MC Hammer pants. When I walked to my seat afterward, somebody said, "Hey, good job, but this is California. We're casual here." I didn't know what to say to that.
8. I love making lists. Lists of things I need, things I want to do, things I have to do, things I didn't do.
9. When I feel sick, my mom taught me to "eat a steak." I think it works.
10. I'm pretty disorganized but I think I hide it fairly well.
11. I have a passionate love for pizza. Any kind. It can be cardboard and I still think it's good.
12. I'm Italian, German, Portuguese and French.
13. I love dogs pretty much more than anything.
14. I love to cook, but I'm not that great at it.
15. I still keep a journal.
16. I'm going to write a musical.
17. I have a terrible sense of direction. Nobody ever lets me lead on tour. They're smart for doing that.
18. I get my feelings hurt pretty easily, but I try and hide that too.
19. I cry a lot. I don't bother hiding that.
20. I'm recording a new EP with Ben Folds. I can't wait.
21. I sang in an a cappella group all through college at UCLA.
22. I love doing yoga but I'm not very disciplined.
23. Sometimes scented candles make me sick.
24. I am scared of the ocean.
25. I worked at a petting zoo, as a janitor, a data entry clerk, a pizza maker and a waitress before I quit to pursue music. I'm awesome at odd jobs.