Not good Insta-etiquette? Caitlyn Jenner is facing criticism after posting an Instagram with daughter Kylie Jenner that, as some believe, is insensitive following Kim Kardashian’s recent Paris robbery.
The I Am Cait alum, 66, took to social media on Monday, October 3, to post a photo of herself and her 19-year-old daughter attending a car show in California.
“Had so much fun with Kylie at Sunday’s car show,” the LGBT activist captioned the snap. “Here we are with my friend Jeff Dunham’s original #Batmobile.”
Caitlyn’s comment section immediately lit up with heated messages from Kardashian fans lambasting her for sharing such a carefree moment not even a day after her former stepdaughter was held at gunpoint, tied up and locked up in the bathroom of her Paris apartment while a group of men pretending to be police officers robbed her around 2:25 a.m. on Monday morning.
“What a prick thing to do after what happened to Kim. Publicity hunger fraud of a human being,” one Instagram user remarked, while another sneered: “How is it that everyone else in your ‘family’ is respectful enough not to post trivial s–t hours after Kim is bound and gagged at gunpoint but you post pictures of yourself with a car? Super classy.”
“Weird to post this after another daughter was just robbed, tied up & gagged at gun point,” another follower noted. “And I believe she was the first of your children to accept Caitlyn 😕.”
As previously reported, Kardashian, 35, fled the City of Light to return to her family in New York City after filing a police report in Paris during the wee hours of Monday morning. During a Sunday-night concert in Queens, her husband, Kanye West, stopped midperformance and told the audience it was due to a “family emergency.”
At the time of the robbery, Kardashian’s mom and Caitlyn’s ex-wife, Kris Jenner, was in Paris with boyfriend Corey Gamble. The Selfish author’s sisters Kourtney and Kendall were also in town.
Not long after touching down in the Big Apple on Monday, the reality TV queen and her hip-hop hubby, 39, made their way back to their downtown apartment accompanied by a 15-car motorcade.
Shortly after the incident, Kardashian’s rep told Us that the mom of two — she shares daughter North, 3, and son Saint, 9 months, with West — is “badly shaken, but physically unharmed.”
On Monday, E! released a statement to Us confirming that cameras for Keeping Up With the Kardashians were not rolling at the time of the terrifying episode.
“All of us at E! are incredibly thankful that Kim Kardashian West is safe, and we send her and her family our love and support,” the statement read. “Keeping Up With the Kardashians was not filming at the time of the robbery. Our focus right now is entirely on Kim’s well-being.”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!