When it comes to her life, Dorit Kemsley isn’t afraid to speak her mind!
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, who recently collaborated with Nektaria on a bridal gown collection, exclusively opened up to Us Weekly with 25 things you might not know about her — including her biggest Housewives regret, secret talents and guilty pleasure. Watch the video above (or keep scrolling!) to learn more about the 44-year-old fashion designer.
1. I really don’t like to eat sweet potatoes.
2. My mother was born in Tangier. My father is from Israel.
3. I’ve visited Israel a handful of times. My favorite memory is when we took a [big] family trip there when I was about 8. We covered everything. It was a magical summer.
4. My first job was babysitting.
5. One thing I learned about myself in quarantine is that I enjoy being at home more than I thought I did.
6. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a cowgirl. And then when I realized you can’t make any money as [one], I wanted to be a lawyer. I had an obsession with Divorce Court.
7. My guilty pleasure is shopping.
8. The [most] extravagant thing I’ve bought recently is a vintage black and white diamond Cartier necklace.
9. My biggest fear is [something bad] happening to my children [Jagger, 7, and Phoenix, 5] or to my husband [PK Kemsley].
10. The best concert I’ve ever been to was Culture Club at the Greek Theatre [in L.A. with] the Housewives. Gladys Knight made an appearance.
11. My biggest Real Housewives of Beverly Hills regret is definitely pantygate with Erika [Jayne].
12. My college experience was studying and working — not partying.
13. My favorite memory with Boy George is him teaching Jagger to crawl.
14. I had a crush on Jean-Claude Van Damme growing up. His [movie posters] were my most prized possessions.
15. I speak Spanish, Hebrew and Italian.
16. If I didn’t live in California, I would live in New York City.
17. My favorite thing to do in NYC is going out to eat and [seeing] a Broadway show.
18. I [played] the piano when I was younger.
19. My first car was a black Honda Accord; I named it Mario. [I’d] drive around with my girlfriends blasting music [with] the sunroof open.
20. My father was a big animal lover. We had a monkey [growing up, but] he was a challenge for my mother, so we didn’t have him for long.
21. I love to cook.
22. I’d like to think that I’m a good dancer, but I’m not sure everyone would agree.
23. [However], I was a very good breakdancer when I was younger.
24. I’m doing a bridal collection with Nektaria. I’m excited about it. We just dropped the first styles.
25. PK’s marriage proposal was the most romantic thing he’s ever done for me. I had no idea it was going to happen. I cried and the entire restaurant erupted in applause.
Season 11 of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills premieres on Bravo Wednesday, May 19, at 8 p.m. ET.Listen to Getting Real with the Housewives, your one-stop destination for Housewives news and exclusive interviews
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!