Gary Oldman is no stranger to starring in Hollywood blockbusters, with roles in the Harry Potter and Dark Knight series. Now, you can catch him in RoboCop, a new take on the 1987 original. Here, the 55-year-old actor tells Us Weekly 25 things you might not have known about him.
1. I had a childhood nickname, but it's not fit to print.
2. I once signed a fan's breast.
3. I occasionally bite my nails.
4. Guilty pleasure: Project Runway.
5. Growing up, I had a German shepherd named Judy.
6. My first car was a secondhand Morris Minor.
7. Clint Eastwood gave me the best advice when I directed: "Get more sleep than your actors."
8. When I first met the legendary Michael Caine, he asked for an autograph for his daughter!
9. I had fun with my Jamaican accent in True Romance.
10. I don't remember doing Sid & Nancy. I've wiped the hard drive.
11. The film Husbands means the most to me.
12. I love [actor and director] John Cassavetes.
13. I miss England's irony.
14. When I did Friends, Matt LeBlanc made me laugh — he's hilarious.
15. I wish I could be a race-car driver.
16. I once understudied an actor who fell ill. I did one show, then I fell ill.
17. I'm dyslexic. That's treu.
18. My Paul Smith scarf is my oldest piece of clothing. I just love it.
19. My secret talent is tap-dancing.
20. But I can't do the RoboCop dance.
21. The last book I read was about the late photographer Sam Shaw.
22. I saw the original RoboCop in a London cinema. Amazing for its time.
23. Best memory from making the Harry Potter movies: my kids meeting Daniel Radcliffe.
24. I support St. Jude Children's Hospital.
25. My recurring dream: I'm on stage in a play I've never rehearsed.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!