Already have an account?
Get back to the

Ghost Adventures Couple Mark, Debby Constantino Dead: Police Share New Details on Hostage Standoff

Mark Constantino and Debby Constantino
Police provided new details on the deadly early morning standoff between Ghost Adventures couple Mark and Debby Constantino, and the local S.W.A.T. team.

Authorities detailed on Thursday, Sept. 24, what exactly happened during the standoff between police and Ghost Adventures' Mark Constantino in Sparks, Nevada, which ultimately resulted in three deaths on Tuesday.

According to the Reno Gazette Journal, Constantino and his costar wife, Debby, were both found dead inside their daughter's apartment.

Related: PHOTOS: Celebrity ghost stories -- stars who've claimed supernatural encounters

Reno Police Lt. William Rulla told the paper that the incident began at 6:30 a.m., when police got a call from a woman who had found the body of her male roommate (whose name has not been disclosed) dead inside their home. As police investigated the death, they discovered that another one of the caller's roommates, Debby Constantino, was missing.

Using a cellphone tracking device, police were able to find Debby inside her daughter's apartment with her estranged spouse, Mark, who had kidnapped her.

Related: PHOTOS: Celeb deaths in 2015

Reno Police Department Deputy Chief Tom Robinson told the Gazette Journal that once police arrived on the scene and knocked on the apartment's door, they heard the sound of several shots being fired. According to KTVN, shots were fired at the officers through the door.

The suspect then told police to "give me 15 minutes to gather my thoughts or I'll kill her," reported the Gazette Journal.

Police tried negotiating with the suspect, and were later joined by local FBI agents who tried to get Mark to surrender. After hours of futile negotiation, the SWAT team forced entry into the apartment, using explosives to blast the front door open. Inside, the Travel Channel stars were both found dead.

Police did not reveal the manner in which they were killed.

During the entire standoff, the local Sparks High School, located near the apartment, was placed on lockdown. The precaution was lifted at 2:35 p.m. local time.

Related: PHOTOS: Stars gone too soon

This wasn't the couple's first domestic violence incident. Last month, Mark was charged with kidnapping and domestic battery against his estranged wife. She had obtained a restraining order against him. Their adult daughter — who owned the apartment in which the couple died — was also charged as an accomplice in that particular incident.


Watch footage from their Travel Channel show above.

Got a Tip form close button
Got a tip for US?
We're All Ears for Celebrity Buzz!