TLC star and YouTube personality Jazz Jennings tells Us about her life … and all that jazz! Read on to learn the 18-year-old’s favorite movies, hobbies, and more.
1. I wear tie-dye almost every day.
2. I’ve always loved mermaids. When I was 8, I got a sewing machine and made my first fabric mermaid tail. When I was 12, I started my own business making silicone mermaid tails.
3. I love watching anime, and have watched more than 30 different anime shows.
4. I’ve been made into the first transgender doll.
5. I love drawing. I sketch an eye almost every day.
6. I have four cats, named Nemo, Luna, Leo and Dunkin. 7. I enjoy giving massages to all my friends and family. I’ve been told I have a gift.
8. My favorite food is anything chocolate. I love chocolate milkshakes!
9. I’m not afraid of bugs at all, and can hold spiders and cockroaches without flinching. At a sleepover party in sixth grade, I chased all the girls around the house with a cockroach.
10. I love to crack body parts — especially other people’s.
11. I have a phobia of wrist tendons (called carpophobia) related to my less severe venephobia [fear of veins].
12. I’m afraid of lizards, which sucks because I live in Florida, where they openly roam. I often find my cat Nemo bringing them back as a treat.
13. I sing constantly, and my song choices often reflect my current mood. When I’m not singing, my family knows something’s up.
14. I started playing soccer when I was 5 years old. When I was 8, I was banned from playing at the competitive level for two years because I was told I had an “unfair advantage” being transgender.
15. My first car was passed down from my dad to my siblings and then to me.
16. I love all Disney movies (who doesn’t?), but my top three are The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and, of course, The Little Mermaid.
17. I drink a ton of water — usually two gallons a day.
18. I played the first animated transgender child, Zadie, in Amazon’s Danger & Eggs [in 2017].
19. My favorite movie is [2012’s] Cloud Atlas.
20. I’m very spiritual and love meditating with crystals.
21. I’m ranked No. 1 in my graduating high school class.
22. My favorite shoes are Birkenstocks.
23. I started playing varsity soccer when I was in ninth grade and was awarded rookie of the year.
24. I love doing beautiful makeup, but hate wearing it.
25. I just completed filming Denim, a 20-minute movie about a transgender girl who’s bullied in high school.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
I Am Jazz airs on TLC, Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!