Jeff Daniels plays news anchor Will McAvoy on HBO's The Newsroom, Sundays at 10 P.M. Here, the 58-year-old actor gets personal with Us.
1. My first name is spelled Jeffry because my mother wanted me to be different.
2. I don't care what hot dogs are made of.
3. My favorite snack is rice cakes with mustard, ketchup, and relish because I think I'm eating hot dogs.
4. I was on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Twice.
5. While reading off the teleprompter in The Newsroom, I once said, "Good evening, I'm Will Maxwell." [He plays Will McAvoy.]
PHOTOS: Best Dressed TV Show Hosts
6. I have a 42-foot recreational vehicle.
7. I've read War and Peace.
8. I've read Moby Dick.
9. I was unable to read Don Rickles' memoir.
10. I don't rumba.
11. I dropped out of Central Michigan University.
12. I later received an honorary doctorate from CMU.
13. I was never on Full House.
14. At 18, I was Tevye in a local staging of Fiddler on the Roof.
15. I drank from the Stanley Cup.
16. Once, during a production of Guys and Dolls, I realized I was playing Big Jule with my zipper down.
17. I sang "God Bless America" at Comerica Park in Detroit.
18. I sang the national anthem at Dodger Stadium.
19. I've written a song called "How 'Bout We Take Our Pants Off and Relax?"
20. I have a C.F. Martin guitar: the OM Jeff Daniels custom artist edition.
21. I did a commercial about diarrhea 15 years before Dumb and Dumber.
22. I once outwrestled an elderly lady for a foul ball hit by George Brett.
23. I've made a hole in one.
24. I have countless close friends I've never met.
25. I no longer play along when someone calls me Jack Daniels.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!