Arkansas police have destroyed any and all copies of records pertaining to the investigation of Josh Duggar allegedly molesting five girls — some reportedly his sisters — when he was a minor back in 2002.
On Thursday, May 21, a spokesperson for the Springdale Police Department confirmed to Us Weekly that local circuit Judge Stacey Zimmerman signed for the offense report from 2006 to be expunged.
The records allegedly contained information of Duggar's suspected molestation of the girls when he was 14 years old. According to TMZ, the now-destroyed investigation documents said Duggar allegedly fondled the breasts and genitals of the females.
Meanwhile, local Arkansas paper, the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, obtained a copy of the report on Thursday. The paper said the report was "heavily redacted" and did not include the identities of the kids involved.
The eldest Duggar child, 27, along with his wife Anna, and parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, released a statement via Facebook on Thursday addressing the claims.
"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, now a father of three and soon to be four, wrote. "We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life… I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions. I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."
His conservative parents also said in a separate statement on their family's Facebook page: "Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives. When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes, and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before."
Josh's pregnant wife Anna, 26, also addressed the incident on Thursday. "I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock," she explained on the family's Facebook page. "When my family and I first visited the Duggar home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh, he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was — even every difficult past mistakes."
Duggar stepped down from his position at the Family Research Council, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit, on Thursday. "Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years," the organization's president Tony Perkins told Us in a statement. "Josh believes that the situation will make it difficult for him to be effective in his current work. We believe this is the best decision for Josh and his family at this time. We will be praying for everyone involved."
Meanwhile, on Friday, the network confirmed it was pulling all episodes of its 19 Kids and Counting.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!