Happy anniversary! ABC chat show The View (weekdays at 11 a.m.) is celebrating 20 years on the air.
To mark the occasion, its longest-running cohost, Joy Behar, gave Us Weekly a peek at 25 interesting facts about her!
1. I’ve authored two children’s books, SheetzuCacaPoopoo: My Kind of Dog and SheetzuCacaPoopoo 2: Max Goes to the Dogs.
2. I wrote and starred in my own one-woman show, Me, My Mouth and I, and am currently writing a play to be performed by actors.
3. My ringtone is “Call Me Maybe.”
4. I do the New York Times crossword every day, and sometimes I turn to [crossword blogger] Rex Parker for a little help.
5. I first met Barbara Walters when I was doing stand-up at Milton Berle’s birthday party at the Waldorf Astoria.
6. I almost made the original cast of Saturday Night Live in 1975.
7. I’m an excellent cook and I make a fabulous lasagna. I give one to Whoopi [Goldberg] every year on her birthday.
8. I love French cinema, and the first time I met Catherine Deneuve, I followed her around backstage so much that she asked a View producer, “Is she a lesbian?”
9. I married my former spousal equivalent Steve [Janowitz, 67] after 29 years. I have one child [Eve, 45] and a grandson [Luca, 5]. My daughter blames my grandson’s cursing on me.
10. The first thing I do when I get home is take off my brassiere.
11. The only time I cried at The View was when Meredith Vieira said she was leaving for Today.
12. I never actually said, “So what? Who cares?” [like Fred Armisen’s SNL parody], but I like it.
13. When I was a kid, my parents would pass off a visit to the cemetery as “a trip to the country.”
14. In Ice Age: Continental Drift, I played Eunice, the mother of Sid, voiced by John Leguizamo.
15. I’m the longest-running cohost on The View. I am not leaving and I do not have a skincare line.
16. For a man to see me naked, I have to be included in his will.
17. When I left The View [in 2013], Tony Bennett sang “Kiss the good life goodbye!” to me. I could almost see my paycheck flying out the window.
18. I appeared as a waitress in both a Tums commercial and in the 1987 movie Hiding Out.
19. When I board a plane, I check to see if the pilots are awake and sober.
20. I was one of the first to run my hand through Donald Trump’s hair on TV to see if it was real.
21. I was ordained online for five bucks and officiated a gay wedding.
22. I have gorgeous feet. Matthew McConaughey even massaged them one day on The View.
23. My first husband was a college professor and my current husband is a teacher. I like a civil servant.
24. I hate hard-boiled eggs. They’re too gelatinous. (BTW, so does Whoopi.)
25. I’m from Brooklyn. I hate a snitch.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!