"He’s definitely doing better which is awesome, every day is better," Kardashian, 31, told Extra's Terri Seymour. "He’s off of all machines. He is alive on his own, and no machines are helping him, which is great. But he still has a lot of physical and cognitive therapy to go through, so it’s a long road for him."
Odom, 36, has been slowly making progress since being found unconscious at a legal Nevada brothel last month. He continues to receive treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in L.A., and is trying to get stronger after undergoing two emergency surgeries on Oct. 22.
"It’s gonna be a long long time, every day is different. Some days he’s really strong and some days he’s weaker than the day before because it’s mentally draining — I’m sure — on him," Kardashian told Seymour.
She continued: "He will try to learn to how to walk so that is first. When he can support himself on his own, or physically try to walk better on his own, or at least with an assistance, with like a walker, then he will probably leave the hospital and do a lot of cognitive and mental strengthening."
As previously reported, Kardashian — who is still dating NBA player James Harden — didn't leave Odom's bedside for weeks when he was first admitted to the hospital. Last month, however, Odom asked the reality TV star for privacy.
"Lamar said he needed space and wanted to be alone," an Odom insider exclusively told Us Weekly. "He told her to get out." A source close to Kardashian, however, denied that the situation happened.
"Lamar's emotions have been erratic," the second source noted. "It's a result of the strokes. He's up, then he's down."
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!