Prince Harry is bringing his Invictus Games to America! The British royal announced on Tuesday, July 14, that the second Invictus Games has been awarded to Orlando, Florida.
The 2016 event will take place from May 8 through May 12 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, and will see wounded servicemen and women from all over the world competing in a variety of sporting events from archery to wheelchair basketball.
Prince Harry, who is Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation, held his inaugural Invictus Games in London last September. The event saw over 400 competitors from 13 nations compete in nine different sports.
The handsome royal, who officially left the armed forces last month, said on Tuesday that he's delighted to spread Invictus' inspirational legacy further afield.
"As I've continued to work with wounded servicemen and women, I regularly see the power of the soldiers' stories to inspire others," he told Us Weekly via a statement. "For every competitor last September, there are hundreds of others around the world who would benefit from having the same opportunity. I wanted other cities and countries to look at the competition — what it meant to those taking part and those who saw it — and take up the challenge for the next Invictus Games," he said.
"I am absolutely delighted that the United States has taken up that challenge and will host the next Invictus Games in 2016. I have no doubt that the USA will set the bar even higher than London did and put on a great show," he added.
To see Prince Harry's full announcement, watch the video above.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!