White House: Donald Trump’s Muslim Ban Comments Should Disqualify Him From Presidency

The White House is ready to disqualify Donald Trump from campaigning for the Oval Office. Press Secretary Josh Earnest spoke about the GOP candidate on Tuesday, Dec. 8, giving an unfiltered response to Trump’s call to ban all Muslims from entering America.

Calling Trump, 69, a “carnival barker," Earnest told the press, “What he said is disqualifying. And any Republican who’s too fearful of the Republican base to admit it has no business serving as president either. It is clear that what he’s said is disqualifying and for the other Republican candidates who have pledged to support him, it’s disqualifying for them to continue to hold that position. To support somebody for the presidency who articulates these views, I think is a pretty clear indication that you don’t have the right judgment to serve as President of the United States.”

In a Charleston, S.C., rally on Monday night, Trump declared, "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States, until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

Donald Trump
Donald Trump Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

His comments followed President Barack Obama’s national address on Sunday night, which touched on ongoing concerns about Muslim extremists-turned-terrorists.

“We must enlist Muslim communities as some of our strongest allies, rather than push them away through suspicion and hate,” he told the American people. “That does not mean denying the fact that extremist ideology has spread within some Muslim communities. It’s a real problem that Muslims must confront without excuse.”

Concerns about extremism have grown since the tragic attacks in Paris last month and the San Bernardino shootings just last week at the Inland Regional Center, where 14 people were killed.

The White House press secretary certainly isn’t the first to call Trump out for his comments. In addition to several other Republican candidates denouncing Trump’s proposal, Trump’s phone interview on Morning Joe was cut short on Tuesday after the billionaire was accused of “just talking” by host Joe Scarborough.

Josh Earnest
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images

“All right, Donald, you’ve got to let us ask questions,” he said. “You can’t just talk. No, you’ve got to let us actually ask questions. You’re just talking.”

“No, no, Joe, I’m not just talking!” Trump shouted over him. “I’m giving you the facts.”

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!