The pair, who both accused disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct, walked the red carpet together in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 4. Judd, 49, is set to present during the ceremony.
“It’s is my great pleasure to introduce my #oscars2018 gown, and most especially to be so joyfully be a part of @timesupnow !!!” Judd captioned a video of herself saying “Time’s Up” to the camera before Sunday’s red carpet.
— ashley judd (@AshleyJudd) March 4, 2018
As previously reported, director Peter Jackson claimed that Judd and Sorvino, 50, lost roles in The Lord of the Rings trilogy because Weinstein told him they were a “nightmare” to work with.
“At the time, we had no reason to question what these guys were telling us — but in hindsight, I realize that this was very likely the Miramax smear campaign in full swing,” Jackson said in an interview with New Zealand media outlet Stuff in December 2017.
Both Sorvino and Judd reacted to Jackson’s interview via Twitter.
“Just seeing this after I awoke, I burst out crying. There it is, confirmation that Harvey Weinstein derailed my career, something I suspected but was unsure,” the Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion actress tweeted on December 15. “Thank you Peter Jackson for being honest. I’m just heartsick.”
Judd posted a link to the article and simply wrote, “I remember this well.”
A spokesperson for Weinstein denied Jackson’s report at the time: “Mr. Weinstein has nothing but the utmost respect for Peter Jackson. However, as Mr. Jackson will probably remember, because Disney would not finance the Lord of the Rings, Miramax lost the project and all casting was done by New Line. While Bob and Harvey Weinstein were executive producers of the film they had no input into the casting whatsoever.”
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!