Funnyman James Urbaniak, who stars as a reserved television producer named Grant on Review, shared 25 hilarious facts about himself with Us Weekly. The season finale of Review airs Thursday, Oct. 1, at 10 p.m on Comedy Central.
1. I come off like a Felix Unger (from The Odd Couple) but I’m really a slob like Oscar Madison.
2. I auditioned and was called back for the role of Dwight on The Office. I didn’t get it but I did get to play Dwight’s crazy friend Rolf in a few episodes.
3. My first acting job was playing various ghouls and monsters in a haunted mansion on an amusement pier in Long Branch, N.J. in 1982.
4. I can nap anytime, anywhere.
5. Joshua Malina once secretly tweeted, “I’m horny” from my Twitter account when I had stepped away from my open laptop. Since I was hanging out with him at the time, I was definitely not horny.
6. As a kid, I wrote a fan letter to the great children’s author Beverly Cleary and she wrote back.
7. I’m not a Donald Trump fan but I grew up in the New York/New Jersey area and I pronounced huge “yooge” until I was 30.
8. I was once in an avant-garde play where I talked to a disembodied voice while sitting on a slice of pie.
9. On two separate occasions, a drunk guy in a bar thought I was Jarvis Cocker.
10. I was friends with someone for years before she realized I played the foot fetishist shoe salesman from Season 2 of Sex and the City. She flipped out!
11. My favorite actors are Charles Laughton and Alec Guinness.
12. The most starstruck I’ve ever been was meeting Monty Python’s Eric Idle.
13. I had a goatee in the early ‘90s, as per the law.
14. I appeared in two of the classic Budweiser “Whassup?” commercials as a pizza guy.
15. I cannot eat a BLT without a pickle on the side.
16. During my struggling days in New York, I spent a year living behind a living room bookcase.
17. My best celebrity impersonation is that of Los Angeles public radio book reviewer Michael Silverblatt. I wish I could monetize this.
18. I’m an active tweeter (@JamesUrbaniak). Contrary to cliche, Twitter is not about sharing what you had for breakfast; it’s about complaining about airlines.
19. I discovered I was mildly colorblind when I was in my thirties. For years, I thought my green jacket was tan.
20. My Bob Dylan impression consists of Dylan saying the word “emoji.”
21. I don’t want to say I’m not handy, but a few weeks ago I watched a YouTube video on how to operate a power drill.
22. I have yet to finish Thomas Pynchon’s Gravity’s Rainbow because I’ve started it 12 times.
23. The celebrities I’d most like to meet are the members of Sleater-Kinney.
24. My first job was a busboy at Friendly’s.
25. I consider making Al Pacino laugh on the set of You Don’t Know Jack to be one of my greatest triumphs.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!