James Van Der Beek shares the 25 things you don’t know about him with Us Weekly. The former Dawson’s Creek star, 35, can be seen on Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23 on ABC Tuesdays at 9:30pm.
1. I was Danny Zuko in my seventh-grade play, Grease.
2. My first kiss was with one of the Pink Ladies.
3. I’ve only dyed my hair blond once, after Varsity Blues.
4. I’m dyslexic.
5. Every character I play has a soundtrack.
6. I started out doing theater in NYC.
7. It took me a year to land my first job.
8. I never wear white or black socks.
9. I train in Krav Maga, a technique used by the Israeli Special Forces.
10. I usually have a Yo Gabba Gabba! song stuck in my head.
11. My dad was once a minor-league pitcher.
12. I believe every religion captures a piece of the truth.
13. Mary Beth Peil, who was Grams on Dawson’s Creek, is one of my favorite people.
14. I suck at math.
15. My IMDB says my middle name is William.
16. It’s actually David.
17. As an adult, I played baseball in the Asian-American wood bat league.
18. I have a knot in my left shoulder from carrying my kids [Olivia, 2, and Joshua, 10 months] with my left arm.
19. My kids don’t like my right arm.
20. I met my wife, Kimberly, in Israel.
21. My mom was a pro dancer.
22. The fake me on Apt 23 has mentioned many jobs, but only three are on my real résumé.
23. I don’t over-tweet.
24. My first onscreen kiss: Melissa Joan Hart on Clarissa Explains It All.
25. I’ve never seen the Dawson’s Creek finale!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!