Taylor Schilling is tops at acting, but tells Us Weekly she’s bad at some other stuff! Read on to learn 25 things about the Prodigy star.
1. I like to paint and draw, and sometimes still fantasize about going to art school.
2. I start my mornings and end each day with meditation.
3. I have to have lip balm with me at all times — one in every pocket.
4. I have a dog named Tank. Sometimes she talks.
5. Maine is one of my favorite places to escape to.
6. I changed my name to Tally for six months in third grade.
7. I’m not a great driver. My brother once got into my car wearing a helmet.
8. French toast and bacon is my favorite meal.
9. I can’t sing, but I take lessons for fun.
10. My mom is a painter who cofounded a nonprofit art gallery in Chicago in the ’70s.
11. Before I made money as an actress, I nannied.
12. I have lots of books. I buy more books than I can read.
13. I got fired from a hostess job after one day due to my poor wardrobe choices and inadequacy.
14. I babysat monkeys in middle school.
15. I would love to study Ayurvedic medicine in India.
16. My grandmother is a sculptor.
17. My first role was Tzeitel in a middle-school cafeteria production of Fiddler on the Roof.
18. One of my proudest accomplishments is earning a fellowship to NYU’s Graduate Acting program.
19. I still feel most at home in the theater.
20. I went to four different high schools.
21. I once had to kiss a mannequin for a commercial audition. I didn’t get the job.
22. Bob Dylan was my first concert. My dad took me.
23. I ate oatmeal for breakfast every day for five years straight. Nowadays I like to switch it up.
24. I started wearing glasses when I was 7.
25. [1987’s] Baby Boom was one of my favorite movies growing up, and Diane Keaton is still an idol.
The Prodigy is out in theaters on February 8.