Why enjoy Thanksgiving dishes for just one meal when you can experience them for (at least) two? If you’re searching for a way to remix Turkey Day flavors after the big feast, look no further than Melissa Joan Hart’s Thanksgiving Leftover Bites.
The recipe, which was crafted by the Sabrina the Teenage Witch alum, uses all the traditional holiday fixings – turkey, cranberry sauce and potatoes – that would otherwise just be taking up space in the refrigerator, combined with a few tasty boosts from some pantry staples. “If you’re like me, you definitely make way too much food for Thanksgiving dinner,” the actress, 42, tells Us Weekly. “This year, I came up with the perfect solution to take those leftovers up a notch! Take your classic Thanksgiving leftovers — mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, turkey — and pile them on top of a waffle with some fun additions like bacon, avocado and Heluva Good! Buttermilk Ranch Dip.”
The best part of this recipe is that you can use as much (or as little) of each of the Turkey Day staples as you’d like.
Scroll down to see the recipe Hart calls “a fun twist on traditional turkey sandwiches.”
Melissa Joan Hart’s Thanksgiving Leftover Bites
Makes 1 serving (2 sliders)
• 2 bacon strips
• 1 avocado, sliced in half
• 4 pieces of store-bought small waffles (2 per slider)
• 1 Heluva Good! Buttermilk Ranch Dip
• Leftover mashed potatoes
• Leftover turkey
• Leftover cranberry sauce
- Cook bacon to crispy deliciousness and set aside.
- Slice avocado halves and set aside.
- Toast your store-bought waffles and cut them in four to make slider buns.
- Add Heluva Good! Buttermilk Ranch Dip to the leftover mashed potatoes until mixture becomes moist and fluffy again.
- Spread a generous layer of the mashed potato on top of the bottom waffle, then a layer of leftover turkey, cranberry sauce, avocado slices and Heluva Good! Dip, then top with bacon and top waffle bun.
- Secure each one with a skewer and serve with a bowl of Heluva Good! Dip for extra dipping.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!