Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
When it comes to essential fashion items, tights are toward the top of our list. They help keep us warm when we want to wear dresses in the winter, they add a stylish sophistication to our look and they often have smoothing and sculpting properties too. The only real issue? Their durability!
So many stockings tend to rip even after just one wear. We get holes at the toes and runs and snags all down the legs. We’re not always trying to go for that edgy look! We need tights we can rely on to stay sleek and strong, especially if we’re going out for a nice dinner or heading to the office. Luckily, some brands have made notable strides when it comes to the strength of tights. We’re going to highlight some of our favorites below!
Sheertex has become iconic since its launch in 2017. We know numerous people who swear by the brand, not to mention celebrities like Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Megan Thee Stallion and Taylor Swift. Sheertex was created to replace disposable hosiery and even has an in-house lab that tests for burst strength, abrasion resistance, yarn strength and tensile strength. The Rip-Resist tights have started a revolution and claim to last 10 times longer than traditional tights! Available in sizes XS-3X.
Our Absolute Favorites:
- Essential Sheer Rip-Resist Tights
- Classic Sheer Rip-Resist Tights
- Micro Dot Sheer Rip-Resist Tights
- Glitter Silver Rip-Resist Tights
- Argyle Semi-Sheer Rip-Resist Tights
- Classic Sheer Rip-Resist Thigh Highs
- Backseam Sheer Rip-Resist Tights
Another brand that’s been rising in popularity thanks to its “tear-proof” tights is Shapermint. The shapewear and lingerie brand offers affordable options that reviewers are absolutely loving, and you can buy multi-packs to save even more money. When tested, these “virtually indestructible” tights could not be ripped by 99% of women!
Our Absolute Favorites:
- Shapermint Essentials Tear-Proof Shaping Tights, Black
- Shapermint Essentials Tear-Proof Shaping Tights, Latte
- Shapermint Essentials Tear-Proof Shaping Tights, Chocolate
If you want variety, Amazon is obviously the place to shop. There’s so much to dig through though! That’s why we wanted to take care of the search for you. So many brands, so many styles — whether you want long-lasting simple tights or stockings that make a statement, shop below!
- Body by STEMS Black Unbreakable Opaque Tights
- Body by Stems Ultra Resilient Sheer Tights
- Silkies Ultra Sheer Control Top Pantyhose
- MANZI Run-Resistant Control Top Panty Hose Opaque Tights
- MeMoi Boston Ribbed Cotton Blend Sweater Tights
- CozyWow Run Resistant 80D Soft Solid Color Semi Opaque Footed Tights
- L’eggs Silken Mist Control Top Sheer Toe Run Resist
- Silky Toes Opaque Microfiber Comfort Tights
- CHARFOX Semi-Sheer Tights
- G&Y Fleece-Lined Tights
- ARRUSA Super Durable Plus Size Tights
Not done shopping? Explore more of our favorite products below:
- 10 of the Best Full-Coverage Foundations for a Flawless Complexion
- The Best Gel Nail Kits to Give You Salon-Quality Manicures at Home
- 11 Best Cellulite Treatments for Women
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest outfits, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women's sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!