Angelina Jolie Won't Increase Security After Brad Pitt's Red Carpet Attack, Says Fiance Handled Situation "Perfectly"
Angelina Jolie isn't worried about Vitalii Sediuk—or any other jokester for that matter. The actress has revealed that she and fiance Brad Pitt won't be increasing their security, despite Pitt getting punched in the face by Ukranian prankster Sediuk at the L.A. premiere of Maleficent on May 28.
"People like that are an exception to the rule. Most fans are just wonderful," Jolie, 38, explained during the film's promotional tour in Shanghai on Tuesday, June 3 (via Associated Press). "We've had a wonderful experience over the years, and we're very grateful for their support, and it will not change the way we behave." (Pre-Pitt, Sediuk crawled underneath America Ferrera's gown at the Cannes Film Festival in May, too.)
Sediuk found himself behind bars after jumping over a barrier and punching Pitt, 50, in the face as the actor attended Jolie's screening with their sons Maddox, 12, Pax, 10, and Knox, 5, and their daughters Zahara, 9, and Shiloh, 7. Pitt composed himself during the ordeal, and as Jolie puts it, was a "strong man." He handled the situation "perfectly," she told AP.
Despite the carpet hiccup, Jolie has had a fantastic month so far. Maleficent became her biggest box-office debut to date. She will also celebrate turning 39 with her family by her side on Wednesday, June 4.
"Like every mother my wish every birthday is for my children to stay healthy (and) for my family to remain healthy," she told AP. "So I will continue that."