Jon and Kate Gosselin No Longer Speaking to Media
One week after filing divorce papers, Jon and Kate Gosselin are speaking out again.
"During this very difficult time we will be working to focus solely on the needs of our family. This includes no longer commenting publicly or reacting to media stories and speculation," the Gosselins said -- in a public statement released on the Web site of TLC, which airs Jon & Kate Plus 8.
"Our goal is to do the very best for our children and that will be done as privately as possible," the statement continued. "We appreciate the understanding, support and well wishes from so many."
On Tuesday, TLC announced it was putting the Gosselins' reality hit on hiatus until Aug. 3. Kate, however, has said she won't quit the series, declaring, "The show must go on!"
Last week, Kate sported a bright blue bikini -- but hid her famous reverse mullet under a hat -- in the driveway of her $1.1-million Pennsylvania home. She and Jon take turns living in the estate while sharing custody of the kids.