Caitlyn Jenner Won’t Be Charged With Vehicular Manslaughter After Fatal Car Crash: Details

Caitlyn Jenner
Caitlyn Jenner won't be charged with manslaughter following her involvement in a fatal car crash this past February Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Off the hook. Caitlyn Jenner won't be charged with vehicular manslaughter following her involvement in a fatal car crash this past February, TMZ reported on Wednesday, Sept. 30.

According to the site, the L.A. County DA has rejected the case because Jenner was not speeding at the time. In addition, the crime "requires ordinary negligence" and the DA can't prove that Jenner's "conduct was unreasonable."

As previously reported, Jenner, 65, crashed her Cadillac Escalade into a Lexus on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu on Feb. 7. The collision pushed the vehicles into oncoming traffic, which killed driver Kim Howe. (Howe was a neighbor of the Kardashian-Jenner family.)

Caitlyn Jenner crash
Caitlyn Jenner's February car crash AP/Ringo H.W. Chiu, archivo

Back in May, Jenner's woes continued when Howe's stepchildren — Dana Redmond and William Howe — sued the reality star in a wrongful death lawsuit. That same month, Jenner petitioned to have the motion thrown out.

The court's recent decision is sure to put Jenner at ease. The former Olympian — who came out as transgender amid the ongoing investigation — recently told Matt Lauer that she was worried about jail time.

"The men’s county jail. It is an enormous problem that they would put trans women in a men’s county jail. That is the worst-case scenario," she said during a Today show interview. "I was under the speed limit. I was going 46 in a 50. My airbag didn't even go off. All I probably needed was half a second of time. I almost stopped, but couldn't quite get it stopped."

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!