Eagles of Death Metal Mourn Victims of Paris Attacks: “We Are Horrified”

Eagles of Death Metal
Eagles of Death Metal performed at the Birmingham O2 Institute on November 6, 2015 MAVRIXONLINE/OIC

The members of Eagles of Death Metal have released a full statement following last week's Paris attacks, in which some of their friends and fans were killed during their show on Nov. 13. The American rock band was performing at the Bataclan in Paris on Friday, when terrorists stormed the venue with guns and grenades.

"While the band is now home safe, we are horrified and still trying to come to terms with what happened in France," bandmates Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme said in a statement on Wednesday, Nov. 18. "Our thoughts and hearts are first and foremost with our brother Nick Alexander, our record company comrades Thomas Ayad, Marie Mosser, and Manu Perez, and all the friends and fans whose lives were taken in Paris, as well as their friends, families, and loved ones." (Alexander was the merchandise manager for the band. Ayad was the project manager.)

Eagles of Death Metal were mid-show when gunmen opened fire, leaving 89 dead. In total, 129 people were killed and 200 others injured in the attacks across the city.

Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme of Eagles of Death Metal
Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme of Eagles of Death Metal performed at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles on October 19, 2015 Kevin Winter/Getty Images

"Although bonded in grief with the victims, the fans, the families, the citizens of Paris, and all those affected by terrorism, we are proud to stand together, with our new family, now united by a common goal of love and compassion," the California-based group continued. "We would like to thank the French police, the FBI, the U.S. and French State Departments, and especially all those at ground zero with us who helped each other as best they could during this unimaginable ordeal, proving once again that love overshadows evil."

The band also announced that they are holding off on other shows until further notice.

As previously reported, two people were left dead and seven arrested on Wednesday when police raided an apartment in Paris’ St.-Denis suburb in search of terrorists linked to the tragedy. One of their targets included a man named Abdelhamid Abaaoud.

"It is currently impossible to give you the identities of the people who were arrested, which are being verified," Paris prosecutor, François Molins, told the New York Times. "Everything will be done to determine who is who."

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!