Skip to main content

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Erika Jayne Settles $25 Million Bankruptcy Lawsuit Ahead of Trial

Erika-Jayne-GettyImages-2268848172
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Erika Jayne has settled her $25 million bankruptcy lawsuit, Us Weekly can confirm.

During a Thursday, May 21, pretrial conference, Erika, 54, and the plaintiff informed the judge that they reached a settlement days before a trial was scheduled to begin. The two sides have until Tuesday, May 26, to file a settlement notice and dismissal request.

“Based on multiple conversations with counsel we have agreed to a settlement,” the plaintiff’s attorney said, according to a court transcript obtained by Us. “And we’re asking the court to allow us to dismiss without prejudice.”

Erika was named in a 2021 lawsuit by the trustee overseeing the bankruptcy case involving the Bravo star’s estranged husband Tom Girardi’s former law firm Girardi Keese. Erika had been implicated in the case because she allegedly knew the firm had paid her expenses for at least 12 years. The trustee asked Erika to repay the film the $25 million that was sent plus interest.

RHOBH's Erika Jayne Gives Legal Update 4 Years After Tom Girardi Split

Related: RHOBH's Erika Jayne Gives Legal Update 4 Years After Tom Girardi Split

“The law firm paid out over $25 million in expenses which were approved and generated by one person, Erika Girardi,” the trustee’s attorney told Us in a statement at the time. “We are hopeful that Ms. Girardi comes down the mountain from a place of privilege and obscene wealth and returns some of these expenses so the former clients and creditors of this law firm can mitigate the horrific and unfair losses perpetrated by her husband and others.”

Erika’s attorney denied the accusations, stressing in a statement that the RHOBH star “does not have legal liability” in the matter.

Erika filed for divorce from Tom, 87, in 2020 after two decades of marriage. The divorce proceedings were paused after both Tom and Erika were named in a fraud lawsuit. Tom was sentenced to seven years in prison in June 2025, while Erika has long maintained her innocence and claimed that she had no knowledge of her then-husband’s alleged misconduct.

Erika Jayne s Divorce From Tom Girardi at Risk Of Being Dismissed After 4 Years of Delays

Related: Erika Jayne’s Divorce From Tom Girardi at Risk of Being Dismissed After 4 Years

“I sort of said Tom was the safety net, and I was able to stand out there on the highwire and I felt it was OK because somebody believed in me,” Erika exclusively told Us in 2024. “Well, when you don’t have that person any longer, you’re looking toward yourself. You have to look inward and you have to be your own safety net and your biggest cheerleader.”

She continued, “You have to turn inward and you have to become your own safety net. … You have to really want to move on. You have to really want and stick it out. You got to stick it out because it’s uncomfortable.”

In this article

Close Button for "Got a Tip" Form
Got a tip for US?
We're All Ears for Celebrity Buzz!
Please enter a name.
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter a phone number.
Please enter a message.

Already have an account?